Pen Tool Shortcuts in Illustrator
The Pen tool confuses a lot of users, especially editing paths. You can change your paths quickly and easily with the below shortcuts.
Ensure the Pen tool is selected then you can:
* Move a point or adjust a handle by holding down the Command (Open Apple) Key to change to the Direct Selection tool (white arrow). With this selected, you can drag and drop the handles or points to new shapes or locations.
* Delete an anchor point by hovering over it with the Pen tool. Click on the point and it will be deleted.
* Add an anchor point by hovering over any line segment and clicking where you want the point to be.
* Continue drawing an existing path by clicking on the end point and dragging to create a new handle
* To convert the handles of an anchor point, hold down the Option key to access the Convert Anchor Point tool