Increase disk space in a windows VM – VMWare vSphere
Adding more disk space to a Windows virtual machine in VMWare is very easy.
All you have to do is the following:
Power down your virtual machine
- In your VMWare manager (vSphere, etc.) edit the VM’s settings
- Increase the provisioned size of the disk and click OK
- Power on the virtual machine
- Verify in Disk management that the VM sees the new unformatted disk space
- Open a command prompt (In Vista/2008 as Administrator)
- Run diskpart
- Type list volume
- Type select volume <volume number>
- Type extend
- Type exit
That’s it. No live CD. No nothin’! Just more disk space!